To view more details or to apply please visit the follwoing link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/edmondswa
About this Position
Under general supervision, installs, maintains repairs and upgrades the City water distribution system and related facilities.
Please see the following link for a full job description: Water Maintenance Worker
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs specialized work in the installation, repair and maintenance of the City water and related systems including: City water mains, fire hydrants, valves, meters and others.
- Maintains City grounds including: mowing and trimming grass, pruning shrubs and removing debris when necessary; repairs sidewalks, streets and lawns as necessary following water system work; prepares asphalt for repair work.
- Operates a variety of equipment including: a forklift, vactor truck, dump truck and trailer, loader, backhoe, pipe threading device, jackhammer, air compressor and hand and small power tools in accomplishing work assignments.
- Installs repairs and maintains PRV stations as required.
- Installs new mains, services hydrants and valves as necessary.
- Assists other department personnel with cross connection testing of backflow assembly devices.
- Assists Sewer division with routine or emergency work as necessary; shuts down valves and reroutes water flows as necessary.
- Tests water samples and chlorine samples for water clarity; locates, dispatches and assists street department with routine and emergency situations.
- Assists with the installation of valves, meters, hydrants and related items; removes, installs and maintains pipes, flushes water mains and cleans reservoir as necessary and utilizes appropriate storing and safety equipment.
- Reads maps, plans, specifications and other drawings as required.
- Loads and unloads materials onto trucks; cleans trucks and tools; performs flagging and traffic control on projects as required.
- Communicates with other City departments regarding repairs and maintenance issues.
- Records and logs new information and prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports including GPS water components and mapping.
- Conduct fire line detection checks as required.
- Responds to emergency call-out and performs water watch duties as necessary or directed.
- Maintains a variety of records and reports
- Reads water meters.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED Certificate and two years of experience in water distribution construction and maintenance of water or related systems and components; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Driver's License required at time of hire. State of WA Driver's License required within 30 days.
- Class A CDL with air brake and tanker endorsements within one year of date of hire.
- Certification by the State of Washington as a Water Distribution Specialist within 2 years of date of hire.
- CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogen Cards within 2 years of date of hire.
- Flagger Certification within 3 years of date of hire.
- Other specialty certifications/licenses as required by state and federal law and/or OSHA and WAC regulations may be required within a specified period of time after hire.
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass a background check.
- This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing according to DOT requirements.