Clackamas River Water has earned a reputation for providing high-quality water and service. We are offering an excellent opportunity to work at a sustainable organization that provides the community with our most precious resource: water.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Water Distribution Supervisor provides leadership over the distribution staff within the System Operations department overseeing the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of the District’s water distribution system and related functions, as well as the performance activities for assigned staff.
The ideal candidate:
- Has significant technical expertise in carrying out the functions of a water supply distribution system understanding its particular challenges and leveraging experience to achieve objectives that help ensure the integrity of the system.
- Effectively communicates with consideration for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fosters harmonious, constructive working relationships founded on mutual respect, yet able to make difficult decisions for the benefit of the department and the District.
- Has the ability to motivate the performance and work activities of direct reports making recommendations for hiring, development, recognition or disciplinary actions.
- Effectively manages projects; participates in budget preparation and other long-term planning activities for the department.
- Serves as the District’s representative for distribution-related matters to other stakeholders and remains current on issues that affect the system.
- Actively supports the vision, mission and objectives for the District.
- Associates Degree in a Water Technology program
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive, responsible and related experience at a water utility or public works department, of which 4 or more years are supervisory; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Proficiency in regulations and best practices governing construction techniques and safety compliance used for the installation, repair and maintenance of a public water distribution system
- Certification as a Water Distribution Operator (WDO) Level 3 and ability to obtain a WDO Level 4 within 2 years to perform duties as the Direct Responsible Charge (DRC)
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) and ability to meet District driving standards
- Ability to frequently lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 lbs. and occasionally work in adverse weather or environments
Salary range: $70,436.63 to $95,296.61 – DOQ (Exempt, Non-Represented)
Closing date: Open until filled
Clackamas River Water is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to require a criminal/civil background and driving record check and, for safety-sensitive positions, a drug and alcohol screen as a condition of employment.