Sunrise Water Authority (SWA) is looking for one or more full-time, experienced Water Distribution Operators. This search is for candidates with a proven record of performance looking for advanced placement. The positions are part of the field operations crew and report directly to the Operations Supervisor (daily) and the Operations Manager (by function). Minimum qualifications strictly apply.
About Sunrise Water Authority:
SWA is a progressive public utility, serving about 50,000 people in and around Happy Valley, Oregon. Our goal is to provide quality product and customer service through sustainable business practices. We are growing and literally on the move. Accordingly, we are in need of finding experienced, highly motivated individuals to add to our field crew.
- 5-10 years of positive performance in the municipal drinking water industry
- Preference given to candidates with construction experience or other relevant specialized skill
- Serve as an experienced member of the field operations crew
- Significant knowledge of the operation and maintenance of distribution system equipment
- Perform scheduled and emergency repair of pipes, valves and hydrants
- Operate heavy equipment (e.g. backhoe, forklift, dump truck)
- Apply critical thinking skills and serve as part of a high-functioning team
- Able to lead work groups and responsible for team outcomes
- Model superior internal and external customer service
- Work outside in poor weather conditions and serve after-hours on-call or in emergency situations; perform manual labor duties, including lifting 50 pounds
- Level II: possess an Oregon Level II Water Distribution Certification, or able to obtain within 1 year of hire
- Level III: possess an Oregon Level III Water Distribution Certification, or able to obtain within 1 year of hire
- A valid Oregon Driver’s license and clean driving record (commercial driver’s license preferred)
- Must also successfully pass a drug/alcohol screening and background check
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly wage: $25 -$32 at Level II or $30-$38 at Level III DOQ/DOE. SWA offers full benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 11 paid holidays, short and long term disability, and participation in the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
Visit www.sunrisewater.com/OpenPositions for a complete job description, employment application and instructions on how to apply. Sunrise is an equal opportunity employer. Veteran’s preference applies.
Open until filled with possible interviews to begin as soon as April 29, 2019.