Sunrise Water Authority seeks to fill one or more full-time positions as Water Distribution Operator(s). This search is for qualified entry-level candidates or candidates with prior or specialized relevant experience looking for advanced placement. The positions are part of the field operations crew and report directly to the Operations Supervisor (daily) and the Operations Manager (by function).
About Sunrise Water Authority:
Sunrise Water Authority (SWA) is a progressive public utility, serving about 50,000 people in and around Happy Valley, Oregon. Our goal is to provide quality product and customer service through sustainable business practices. We are growing and literally on the move. Accordingly, we are in need of finding highly motivated individuals to add to our field crew.
• For advanced placement, a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience as a certified water distribution operator or similar length of experience in construction of public infrastructure projects;
• For entry-level, some level of related post-secondary education or certification
• Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of distribution system equipment
• Read and install meters
• Perform scheduled and emergency repair of pipes, valves and hydrants
• Operate heavy equipment (e.g. backhoe, forklift, dump truck)
• Complete customer service requests, work orders and other assignments
• Apply critical thinking skills and serve as part of a highly-functioning team
• Perform manual labor duties, including lifting 50 pounds
• Work outside in poor weather conditions and serve after-hours on-call or in emergency situations
• Model superior internal and external customer service
• For advanced placement, possess or obtain Oregon Level II Water Distribution Certification (within 2 years of hire)
• Entry-level candidates must possess a high school diploma or GED
• A valid Oregon Driver’s license and clean driving record (commercial driver’s license preferred)
• Preference given to candidates with prior relevant construction experience
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly wage: $21-$23 at Level I or $24-$28 at Level II DOQ/DOE. SWA offers full benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage, along with participation in the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
Visit www.sunrisewater.com/OpenPositions for a complete job description, employment application and instructions on how to apply.
Open until filled with possible interviews to begin April 2, 2018