Kitsap PUD is interested in adding a qualified Construction Technician to our team. Qualified applicants will possess the skills necessary to perform a variety of activities related to the construction of utility infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the construction of new water system infrastructure. Examples include: Water main and pump houses.
- Perform various duties related to excavation and underground utility construction. Examples include: Flagging, shoveling, grounds restoration, general construction, driving commercial vehicles and operating heavy equipment.
- Assist in the maintenance of water system infrastructure. Examples include: Valve exercising, flushing, inspection of control valves, fire hydrants, pressure tanks and standpipes, general facilities building maintenance, water meter replacements and water main breaks.
- Perform other work-related tasks, as assigned.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls outside of normal work hours.
- The work environment is 95% outside manual labor and 5% office/shop facility duties, requiring frequent bending, grasping, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motion, lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 15 pounds and occasional lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Work Experience Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior experience with installation/repair associated with underground utilities including water main installation and excavation
- Prior experience in operating tools/equipment used in various construction activities
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions when performing utility work
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team to identify and repair problems in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to Kitsap PUD’s core values when working; alone, within a team and with customers
- Ability to be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic in order to help meet the Districts’ mission of “Strengthening Kitsap communities through responsive and sustainable utility services”
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Washington State driver’s license
- 3-5 years minimum experience operating a backhoe or excavator
- Possession of a valid Class A CDL endorsement OR ability to obtain within one year of hire
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation or genetic information.
Position will remain open until filled. Please submit a completed job application to: email@example.com. Job applications are available at: www.kpud.org/employment.php.