North Kootenai Water and Sewer District is recruiting for a qualified wastewater operator. NKWSD owns and operates 15 individual drinking water systems and one wastewater system in Kootenai County, Idaho. We are the third largest purveyor in the Idaho Panhandle Region.
The selected wastewater candidate will be responsible for operating a Membrane Bioreactor plant sized to treat effluent from over 500 EDUs. Eligible candidates must hold wastewater treatment grade 3 and wastewater collections grade 1 licenses through the Idaho Bureau of Licensure. Prior career experience operating a Membrane Bioreactor is preferred. Work hours are Monday thru Thursday, 6 am to 4:30 pm. Selected candidate must reside within 30 minutes of the District office and be available for after-hours on call duty as shared by District operators.
- Operation of the MBR treatment facility to successfully control flow and processing of water/wastewater, sludge, and effluent within permitted requirements.
- Independent analyses of plant operational performance and implementation of process control adjustments and corrections, as necessary.
- Sample collection, monitoring and tracking of all permit requirements specific to the MBR plant.
- Provide or oversee maintenance of all necessary and required plant components.
- Calibration of all relevant plant monitoring equipment, meters, and gauges.
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid wastewater treatment 3 and wastewater collection 1 licensure through the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licensure.
- 3+ years operating wastewater treatment facilities.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary $25.00 - $35.00 per hour, dependent on experience.
- State of Idaho, Public Employee Retirement System (PERSI)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Medical Expense Program (Flex)
- Medical Expense Savings Program
- Life Insurance
- Professional growth training opportunities
- Relocation costs eligible for reimbursement
Eligible candidates may email their resumes to the attention of Dave Duthie, Field Operations Supervisor at email@example.com.
The position will remain open until filled.