UTILITY WORKER I
Salary Range: $3,772 to $4,659 per month, plus benefits (position is offered at 40 hours per week).
Application Deadline: Position open until filled.
Application materials will be evaluated, and qualified candidates will be interviewed. You must have verifiable references with current contact information. If you wish modification of the selection process to accommodate a disability, please make your request in writing and submit it along with the required application materials. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, physical exam, background investigation, and verifiable references. Preference will be given to honorably discharged veterans and disabled veterans of the United States Armed Forces. To receive veterans’ preference, please complete the veterans’ preference form, including attachment of required materials, and submit with your applications materials.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete and Return a District application form along with your resume and cover letter to:
Rockwood Water People's Utility District
19601 NE Halsey Street
Portland, OR 97230-7430
Applications are available at the District office or visit www.rwpud.org.
UTILITY WORKER I
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
This is an entry-level position for the District. Performs a variety of manual and semi-skilled tasks in the construction and maintenance of the District’s water facilities. Employee is responsible for the use of a variety of hand and power tools and operation of trucks and related maintenance equipment. Work is normally performed as part of a crew under the supervision of the District Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, or direction of a Lead Person. Work is reviewed while in progress and upon completion for conformance with instructions and specifications
1. Assist in the installation of mains, fittings, hydrants, services and meters.
2. Perform repairs and maintenance to mains, hydrants, services and meters.
3. Assist in pressure testing and chlorination of new mains.
4. Maintenance of reservoirs, buildings and grounds.
5. Traffic control setup and flagging of traffic.
6. Responsible for service vehicle and materials and equipment stocked on vehicle.
7. Assists in minor repairs to District’s equipment and facilities.
8. Operates a variety of power tools and other equipment in a safe and responsible manner including, but not limited to, chainsaw, pipesaw, trashpump, jackhammer, hydraulic shoring, pressure testing and chlorinating pump, lawnmower, weedeater, streetsaw, hydraulic rock splitter, compactor and welder.
9. Follows standards as outlined in the District's Policy Manual.
10. Must be available for rotating, emergency, and on-call duties (add time requirement), including occasional evening and weekend work.
11. Participates in cross training as time allows to assist other personnel. Takes on additional assignments as requested and assists with other positions as needed.
Must have a high school diploma or GED. Must possess a valid driver license. Must be able to obtain an Oregon Water Works Distribution Level I certification after one year. Must obtain a Class A CDL with tanker endorsement within 60 days of employment with the District.
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS
Employees in this classification are expected to arrive at work on time, dress appropriately, hold work related information as confidential, work cooperatively with other employees and maintain positive and helpful working relationships with the public and all customers. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Must be able to climb, sit, crawl, lift 90 pounds, bend, stoop, and work in elevated positions. Must be able and willing to work in all types of extreme weather conditions.