If you're passionate about protecting the environment and have an understanding of the challenges of managing natural and developed surface water infrastructure in an urban setting, then the position of Surface Water Utility Manager at the City of Shoreline could be for you.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an energetic and innovative person who enjoys working in a dynamic work environment to complete work, either individually or through managing a team of professionals. Additionally, this person will be someone who has:
- An understanding of surface and ground water issues on a regional and local level, including general hydrology, and issues that impact water quality and quantity.
- An extensive background and thorough understanding of interpreting and applying NPDES regulations in a local government setting.
- Excellent project management skills to develop scope of work, schedule, and budget to deliver projects on-time and budget.
- Ability to lead efforts in developing comprehensive basin plans and six-year surface water master plan.
- Strong budgeting and financial skills to manage projects, programs and operations and to perform financial analysis through rate models or other forecasting tools.
- Ability to utilize computerized work management and geo-centric software tools for managing the surface water utilities assets.
- Ability to analyze complex and technical information contained in multiple documents and be able to communicate technical information in non-technical terms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, being comfortable with public speaking before large governing boards and other public meetings.
- Ability to be politically astute and collaborate with elected and appointed officials and staff from a variety of jurisdictions and agencies.
- Ability to manage and lead a team of diverse professionals that collaborate with other work sections, divisions and departments to accomplish City objectives.
If these attributes accurately describe you, we encourage you to apply for the position. Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application.
To learn more about qualifications required for the Surface Water Utility Manager position, please review the complete job description: http://www.shorelinewa.gov/government/departments/human-resources.
To apply and review the benefits the City offers, please open the link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/shorelinewa/jobs/2452375/surface-water-utility-manager?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Thank you for considering the City of Shoreline as your next employer!