The City of Everett is accepting applications for the position of Senior Water Treatment Plant Operator at the City’s Water Filtration Plant in Sultan, Washington.
Under the direction of the Water Plant Manager, supervise operations and maintenance activities at the water filtration plant to optimize water treatment processes and drinking water quality to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal drinking water regulations. Responsibilities include supervising treatment system purchases, installations and maintenance, as well as the enforcement of applicable city ordinances and water quality regulations to meet the needs of the city’s water system customers. Work is reviewed on the basis of results obtained. Supervision is exercised over a staff of plant operators and technicians.
- Coordinate ongoing water treatment plant capital improvements with the Engineering and Project Management Division and implement and coordinate annual maintenance; oversee service requests.
- Prepare reports on water quality and production. Evaluate and review status of ongoing plant studies and projects related to process control and optimization.
- Obtain resources necessary for related work groups to adequately perform their duties, including necessary water treatment process chemicals.
- Prepare and distribute water quality, maintenance and staff schedules, utilizing resources in the most cost-effective manner while ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and internal processes.
- Conduct informational and collaborative meetings to assess process performance and project status as well as to discuss short and long term planning. Communicate the goals and philosophies of the division to other city departments, outside agencies, and the general public.
- Train and coach employees in adhering to policies and procedures; act as a liaison with maintenance crews, operations work crews, watershed patrolmen, citizens and other agencies. Provide suggestions for effective collaborations and facilitate inter-departmental communication.
- Facilitate educational and regulatory tours of the water treatment plant as required.
- Perform related work and special projects as assigned.
- Employees in this classification may provide training and evaluate other workers performing electrical work.
For a full description of this position, please see the class specification on the City’s website.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A combination of education and related experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics or a related field and
- 4 years experience in water treatment plant operations including 2 years in a supervisory position.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Washington State Driver’s License.
- Possession of or ability to obtain certification as a Washington State Water Treatment Plant Operator IV.
- Possession of or ability to obtain certification as a Washington State Water Distribution Manager IV.
All interested applicants are required to submit:
- City of Everett online employment application
- Resume (not to exceed two pages)
Candidates will be contacted throughout this process via email and should periodically check their spam folders for messages filtered by their email providers.
Application materials may be accessed via http://www.everettwa.gov/careers. Completed applications must be submitted through the City’s online application system. INCOMPLETE, FAXED, OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Filing Opens: 11/12/2020
Filing Closes: Open Until Filled – First Review 12/7/2020