For position consideration, candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and Medford Water Commission application. Applications can be found at www.medfordwater.org.
Medford Water Commission is seeking a Senior Engineer to join our team in beautiful Southern Oregon.
The Senior Engineer performs water facility design, review, drafting, and documentation of major, complex, and special nature projects. The position organizes and coordinates complete projects from planning stages through finalization and completion of installation. The Senior Engineer reports to the Engineering Supervisor and coordinates daily activities of engineering department.
Responsible for special capital improvement projects design and construction management implementation; Reviews review of city, county, and state implemented projects; Prepares and reviews Land Development project memo responses; Performs plan check of private development water infrastructure, Coordinates with Capital & Special Projects Coordinator as needed; Coordinates with Engineering Inspector; Prepares studies and reports related to water as directed. Active Communication and Respectfulness of co-workers and the public are skills required for this position, as are incorporating Medford Water Commission Values into daily activities.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (Illustrative Only)
- Reviews and writes Conditions of Approval for Land Development applications
- Reviews and checks for compliance of standards on public water improvements for private development projects and other agency projects
- Prepares detailed engineering designs, plans, specifications and cost estimates of water system facilities
- Prepares studies and reports to other agencies and the Commission
- Inspects major capital improvement projects for compliance to design plans and Commission standards
- Reviews other agency design plans for conflicts with water facilities and coordinates required relocations
- Communicates with the public to answer water service and development related inquires
- Performs a wide variety of special assignments for the Engineering Supervisor
- Acts as a mentor to others in the Engineering Department
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Knowledge of principles and practices of water system facility design and renovation, water hydraulics, applicable laws and regulations; Skill in the use of engineering equipment; Skill in the use of personal computers and software such as Windows 365 Word, Excel and Outlook, AutoCAD, GIS, and hydraulic modeling programs; Preferred skill in Civil3D, ArcGIS Pro, and Innovyze InfoWater Pro; Ability to prepare professional engineered drawings; Ability to read and write technical specifications; Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both oral and written, Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, contractors and the public.
Critical Evaluation, Technical Capacity, Attention to Detail, Communication, Collaboration, Teamwork, Time Management, Leadership and Ethical Practice
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSING REQUIRED
Completion of four (4) years of college with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering and eight (8) years of related engineering experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above; Possession of Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of Oregon or the ability to obtain within six months of hire date. Valid Oregon Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 90 days, and acceptable driving record.
Positions in this class typically require out of office reviews and inspections, vehicle driving to and from project sites, repetitive motions, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and seeing as well as working in an office environment.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.