Public Works – Water Division
Opening Date: January 18, 2018
Salary Range: $3337- $4260/month
Closing Date: Open until filled
NATURE OF POSITION
Perform a variety of administrative, secretarial, clerical and public relations duties; perform office support activities or coordinate office clerical duties; type and process records, reports, memos and correspondence; process purchase requisitions, orders, budget documents and other financial data and activities.
General direction and oversight is provided by the specified Department/Divisional manager or supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Employees of the City of Walla Walla are expected to model and foster the City’s core values: Customer Focus - Excellence – Stewardship - Communication - Leadership - Integrity
2. Receive, sort, open and distribute mail; answer telephone calls; schedule appointments and meetings; explain programs, policies and procedures within the scope of authority; provide information of general or limited technical nature; take messages and refer callers to appropriate person or department as necessary; monitor radio transmissions if applicable and respond when appropriate.
3. Communicate with staff at all levels; act as first point of service with community citizens, businesses and outside organizations.
4. Transcribe, type and distribute letters, contracts, reports and memoranda, including materials of a confidential nature; compose letters concerning routine matters; take notes quickly and accurately.
5. Perform research activities; assist the supervisor with special projects; coordinate communications with other departments, agencies and cities.
6. Prepare and distribute various committee and task force agenda packets, correspondence and related documents; prepare agendas, attend meetings, take notes and prepare minutes.
7. Operate desktop publishing software to create program brochures, flyers and other graphic arts materials; operate word processing, spreadsheet and database software; create, edit and maintain documents.
8. Create, track and maintain project files; monitor project progress to assure required steps and documentation are completed; process a variety of forms and reports; maintain payroll records as assigned.
9. Develop and maintain extensive filing systems; inspect reports and records for accuracy; ensure compliance with established standards; compile information and prepare routine reports.
10. Prepare and schedule travel arrangements for various department personnel; ensure proper accounts are charged and complete required documentation for reimbursements.
11. Acquire written and verbal quotes; participate in bid processes including bid openings; complete purchase requisitions and coordinate orders as needed.
12. Maintain adequate inventories of office supplies; place orders according to established guidelines.
13. Assist in the development and assembly of division or department budgets; maintain budget and other financial records
14. Receive payments, generate receipts, track fees and divisional accounts; enter cash receipts using on-line computer systems. Process payments for contract and temporary workers.
15. Train others in word processing, spreadsheet and other software applications; answer questions and provide guidance as needed.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Demonstrate punctual, regular and reliable attendance which is essential for successful job performance.
2. Present a positive, professional image; maintain cooperative and effective working relationships; assure excellent customer service with internal and external customers.
3. Execute assignments, projects and job responsibilities efficiently and within defined timeframes; work independently and effectively with little direction.
4. Demonstrate good judgment and employ critical thinking to execute duties, identify issues, seek solutions and recommend improvements in support of departmental goals.
5. Provide assistance to staff and higher-level management; participate in resolving operational or interpersonal concerns; participate in training, meetings, and on committees as assigned.
6. Respect the value of diversity in the workplace and the community.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proficient with modern office practices and procedures; able to operate standard office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners and word processors.
• Experienced producing spreadsheets; able to use database, desktop publishing, automated purchasing system software applications.
• Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and in writing including correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Demonstrate customer service skills of tact, patience and courtesy; employ telephone etiquette.
• Proficient with basic mathematical skills to accurately add, subtract, multiply, divide and determine percentages; apply financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
• Ability to work independently to complete data entry within time and date parameters; set priorities; meet deadlines; exercise independent judgment.
• Maintain records, files and filing systems in accordance with established procedures including alpha and numeric filing systems.
• Able to work cooperatively with customers and employees as a member of a service-oriented team;
able to present a positive professional image to the general public and other City Departments.
• Work with discretion to assure proper confidentiality practices and procedures are followed.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Operate office equipment including telephones, copiers, facsimile machines, and computers. Operate office equipment and machines such as personal computers, typewriters, dictating machines, calculator, copy machines and adding machines.
Operate a keyboard and standard office equipment; tolerate sitting or standing for extended periods of time; bend to retrieve and store files; communicate effectively on the telephone or in person; visually verify accuracy and completeness of forms, documents and applications; repetitive hand motions to input information; hearing and speaking to exchange information; light lifting of supplies and boxes.
Work is performed in an office environment where noise, frequent interruptions and lack of private work space may be present. Some assignments require sitting for extended periods of time. Work environment periodically has associated pressures from stringent workload deadlines and schedules.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Graduation from high school including or supplemented by secretarial training and three years of increasingly responsible secretarial or clerical experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Type at least 50 words net per minute from clear copy. Valid State driver's license.
Three years of increasingly responsible secretarial or clerical experience in a government agency. Bilingual in Spanish.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE:
A completed City application and resume are required to apply. Applications may be found on the Human Resources page of the City of Walla Walla website: wallawallawa.gov.
Applicants whose experience most closely meets the requirements of the position will be invited to continue in the selection process which will consist of an oral panel interview, reference inquiries and may include a criminal background check and consumer report. The incumbent will serve a six-month trial service period. Completed application packages can be mailed to:
CITY OF WALLA WALLA-HR
15 N. Third Avenue
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (509) 524-7935.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The City of Walla Walla will provide reasonable accommodation to handicapped applicants if requested. Please notify the Human Resources office at least 5 days prior to the need.
NOTE: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision contained herein may be modified and/or revoked without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT EMPLOYER
THE CITY OF WALLA WALLA DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, RELIGION, AGE OR DISABILITY IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES.
MINORITIES AND WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.