Must apply on-line, please visit this website: https://www.cityofvancouver.us/hr/page/apply-job
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety professional and technical level of work in the development, programming and operation of the supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) of the combined water, wastewater and electrical systems. Perform routine preventative maintenance of field devices; maintain and develop databases; prepare maintenance and usage reports, maintain equipment by performing various technical diagnostic tests, and train and assist operating and other maintenance personnel in the safe and effective use of equipment; clean, repair and calibrate equipment, configure new sites, change system parameters and monitor the utilization of the SCADA system to ensure optimal performance.
This is a full-time, regular, non-exempt position covered by the provisions of an agreement between the City and the AFSCME Union. The schedule for this position is M-F, 6:00am-3:30pm, 9/80 flex schedule.
- Provide general oversight for SCADA system. Program, design, and install software for the water system control; monitor and make changes to the system as necessary for continued operation.
- Maintains control of data acquisition, data bases and master system configuration, add new points, modify points, add RTU channels, peripherals.
- Performs calibration, preventive and emergency maintenance, software and data base maintenance and development, testing functions on all SCADA communications and related auxiliary equipment.
- Maintains SCADA communication systems including network hardware and programmable logic controllers and field equipment, configuring new sites and changing system parameters. Adjust, calibrate, and repair electronic, equipment to ensure proper operation; moderate programming of computerized process control equipment, PLCs, RTUs, and SCADA system devices. Drive a City vehicle in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Maintains software security, database quality control and accuracy of the SCADA system.
- Participates in the implementation of advanced software applications and automatic control strategies including network modeling.
- Maintains historical database and service requests for data, develops application reports using historical data.
- Create new graphic displays with operations staff input and suggestions, modify existing displays and maintain system and graphic display standards.
- Provide training for operators and other users of the SCADA system.
- Assess and evaluate new equipment, software and procedures, prepares problem reports and coordinates with software suppliers.
- Maintains wired and wireless communication, troubleshoots wide area network problems, virtual private network connections and fiber optic connections.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience and Education
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by course work in instrumentation/industrial electronics. Associate degree in instrumentation/industrial electronics or related field preferred.
- Five years of increasingly responsible SCADA experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficient in supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) programming.
- Must have experience with remote I/O communication via Ethernet, Fieldbus and/or radio modems.
- Proficient with Ethernet and wireless networks.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Siemens PLC’s and Wonderware system platform software is preferred.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications
- Appropriate, valid driver’s license.
- Appropriate General Journeyman Electrical License.