The City of Lynnwood is seeking a Pump Station Operator!
The individual assigned to this position is responsible for inspection, maintenance and servicing of the machinery and yard at all Lynnwood sewage pump stations. It also requires working with the conventional Utility crew on a regular basis.
Includes but is not limited to such essential functions as listed below:
- Inspect facilities and machinery according to established departmental procedures; record data from control panels and provide other documentation as required.
- Maintain appropriate records of station operations and maintenance.
- Create a maintenance schedule for each unique Lift Station. Perform preventative maintenance on equipment on a regular schedule. Grease and lubricate machinery and exercise valves.
- Free clogged pipes, valves, and pumps.
- Work seamlessly with SCADA Tech and City Electrician.
- Repair or replace worn mechanical equipment and minor electrical equipment.
- Perform housekeeping on a regular basis to maintain efficient operation of processes, which include duties such as hosing floors, cleaning scum. Perform landscaping work around pump stations such as mowing grass, raking leaves, and picking up litter.
- Operate pump station manually when pumps are shut down for repair.
- Drives City trucks to and from pump stations.
- Ensure all safety equipment is on hand and in good working condition. Ensure that all safety equipment and procedures are being followed by operators.
- Pick up equipment and supplies as assigned, maintain proper tools.
- Look after Lift Station generators, perform regular testing and maintain proper fuel supply at each station.
- Help regular Utility crew with projects on occasion or when caught up.
- Train other Utility employees as needed on basic operations of each lift station.
- Maintain regular attendance.
Requires four (4) years experience performing general labor/manual work or equivalent. Must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Drivers License and a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier. Prior experience with sewer pump stations is preferred. Ability to obtain Class A CDL within 6 months of hire.
This position is represented by Teamsters Local 763.