The Wastewater Treatment Division (WTD) is recruiting for a highly professional individual to fill the manager of our Project Planning and Delivery Section. This position requires a high performing senior manager who will work in partnership with the director and the management team to lead the division. The selected person will serve as an integral part of the division management team and will work directly with consultants, contractors, elected officials, and state and local jurisdictions to meet the expectations of our customers. This position reports to the division director.
JOB SUMMARY: This position will manage and direct the work of subordinate supervisors, technical, professional and administrative staff as section manager of the Project Planning and Delivery (PPD) Section. The PPD section provides the technical and project delivery services required to support operations and maintenance of treatment plant(s), wastewater conveyance and reclaimed water distribution systems and associated facilities. The. section consists of 175 employees in the Planning, Inspection, Modeling & Monitoring; Project Management; Construction Management; Engineering and Technical Resources; and Project Control & Contract Management Units.
To learn more about the Wastewater Treatment Division click on the below links: http://www.kingcounty.gov/environment/wtd/About.aspx
• Demonstrated advanced experience and knowledge in supervisory techniques and principles in a highly technical and political environment
• Advanced knowledge of capital project and strategic planning techniques and principles and the application of this knowledge to establish the direction and make decisions regarding multiple competing internal and external programs or projects
• Advanced knowledge of public utility finance, budgeting techniques and principles. Advanced knowledge of project planning and management, construction, project control, and contract administration techniques and principles
HIGHLY DESIRABLE Qualifications:
- Increasingly responsible experience in a large, complex industrial or utility setting, preferably wastewater treatment, with experience in project management, comprehensive planning, engineering design, construction and/or maintenance, in an environment associated with major asset management I capital replacement programs.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, project management, planning, or a closely related field, or, an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Professional Engineering license
For a more detailed job description, qualifications and online application process, please visit http://kingcounty.gov/audience/employees/careers.aspx