California Water Service Group invites you to pursue a career in the water industry with the third largest publicly traded water utility in the United States. Our mission is to be the leading provider of water and wastewater services. We’re committed to improving the quality of life for our customers, communities, stockholders, and employees. To achieve that, we align our hiring strategies with the company’s core values of integrity, service, value, health and safety, respect and collaboration, and corporate citizenship so that we can provide quality, service, and value to all of these groups.
Our commitment to our employees is evident, as we have been named a Top Workplace in the Bay Area for eight years in a row and designated as a Great Place to Work®, and Cal Water was ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Water Utilities in the West” by J.D. Power in its inaugural water utility satisfaction study.
The Project Engineer is primarily responsible for advanced projects, and works independently with minimum supervision. The incumbent will occasionally direct and train other engineers. The position will be located in Olympia, WA.
- Prepares Water System Plans.
- Prepares Project Reports and Construction Documents.
- Assists in the development and/or instruction/guidance of Technicians.
- Develops Improvement Project construction cost estimates.
- Assists in the development of the annual capital improvement program budgets.
- Attends meetings with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Instructs/guides draftspersons/technicians to reduce field notes and prepare working drawings.
- Visits construction sites to monitor progress according to the construction documents.
- Assists in the education and development of technicians.
- Performs Project Management tasks, including creating and monitoring schedules and budgets.
- Participates in and supports the Company’s Continuous Improvement program and projects.
- Prepares and reviews bid specifications.
- Manages construction or consultant work, change orders, invoices, inspection/validation and requests for Information.
- Develops and monitors the scope, schedule and budget for assigned projects. Utilizes Company financial software to accurately monitor project costs during and at the end of construction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends meetings and training as directed by Washington Water Service and California Water Service Group.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related fields.
- Five years of relevant Engineering experience.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certificate.
- Valid Washington Driver License.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of water/wastewater systems, company operations, and facilities.
- Uses advanced mathematics, applies engineering principles and theory.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Hydraulic Modeling.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets technical procedures, governmental regulations, professional journals and periodicals.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, procedure, or operation manuals.
- Effectively works with customers, agencies, and personnel; maintains cooperative working relationships with those encountered in the course of conducting business.
- Presents information and responds to questions from individuals, groups or managers and customers; communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws conclusions.
- Directs and trains engineering staff; demonstrates leadership skills and project management skills.
- Works independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all job-related software, Computer Aided Drafting software and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software knowledge desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Results-oriented and energized by tough challenges; demonstrates good problem-solving skills, troubleshooting skills, innovation and creativity.
- Able to lead productive meetings, including meetings with outside agencies, and present in a public forum.
- Effective written communication.
- Prioritizes work and is flexible.
Salary Range: $72,500 - $130,700
Deadline to submit resume is Thursday, August 27, 2020.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.