Washington Water Service invites you to pursue a career with the largest investor-owned American water utility west of the Mississippi River and the third largest in the country. Formed in 1926, the San Jose-based company was named one of the Bay Area’s Top Workplaces several years in a row. Washington Water employees pride themselves on sharing a commitment to being the leader in providing its customers and communities with traditional and innovative utility services.
Washington Water offers a generous total compensation package. We have competitive salaries and match a portion of employees' contributions to their Company 401(k). In addition, we provide a Company-funded pension plan, great healthcare benefits that provide coverage to employees and dependents, and generous tuition reimbursement. In addition, employees receive 11 paid holidays and three floating holidays per year, and two weeks of sick leave and vacation.
We are committed to hiring the best candidates, developing current employees, and promoting from within. Continuous improvement and employee development opportunities allow employees to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals.
The Project Engineer is primarily responsible for advanced projects, and works independently with minimum supervision. The incumbent will occasionally direct and train other engineers. The position will be located in Olympia, WA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares Water System Plans.
- Prepares Project Reports and Construction Documents.
- Assists in the development and/or instruction/guidance of Technicians.
- Develops Improvement Project construction cost estimates.
- Assists in the development of the annual capital improvement program budgets.
- Attends meetings with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Instructs/guides draftspersons/technicians to reduce field notes and prepare working drawings.
- Visits construction sites to monitor progress according to the construction documents.
- Assists in the education and development of technicians.
- Performs Project Management tasks, including creating and monitoring schedules and budgets.
- Participates in and supports the Company’s Continuous Improvement program and projects.
- Prepares and reviews bid specifications.
- Manages construction or consultant work, change orders, invoices, inspection/validation and requests for Information.
- Develops and monitors the scope, schedule and budget for assigned projects. Utilizes Company financial software to accurately monitor project costs during and at the end of construction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends meetings and training as directed by Washington Water Service and California Water Service Group.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related fields.
- Five years of relevant Engineering experience.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certificate.
- Valid Washington Driver License.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of water/wastewater systems, company operations, and facilities.
- Uses advanced mathematics, applies engineering principles and theory.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Hydraulic Modeling.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets technical procedures, governmental regulations, professional journals and periodicals.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, procedure, or operation manuals.
- Effectively works with customers, agencies, and personnel; maintains cooperative working relationships with those encountered in the course of conducting business.
- Presents information and responds to questions from individuals, groups or managers and customers; communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws conclusions.
- Directs and trains engineering staff; demonstrates leadership skills and project management skills.
- Works independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all job-related software, Computer Aided Drafting software and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software knowledge desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Results-oriented and energized by tough challenges; demonstrates good problem-solving skills, troubleshooting skills, innovation and creativity.
- Able to lead productive meetings, including meetings with outside agencies, and present in a public forum.
- Effective written communication.
- Prioritizes work and is flexible.
Deadline to submit resume is Tuesday, September 24, 2019
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES