Mountain Waterworks is seeking a water/wastewater professional in the role of Project Engineer (P.E. and 3-7 years of experience) with client relationship and technical experience to grow its existing practice in the State of Idaho. The Project Engineer position at Mountain Waterworks is responsible for the development and execution of project deliverables and will report directly to Project Managers as the technical lead on each project.
While applying technical engineering knowledge and skills, this position will:
- Engineer and manage study, design, and construction phase services for projects with city, county, state, and federal clients.
- Coordinate multi-discipline projects including structural, mechanical, electrical engineering expertise and management of sub-consultants.
- Perform construction phase services including construction surveying coordination, observation, shop drawing review, processing of pay applications, and contract closeouts.
- Develop business and build relationships with clients.
- Write proposals and interview for potential projects.
- Develop scopes of work, contracts, and design budgets for projects.
- Manage project schedules, budgets, and invoicing for engineering services.
- Supervise support staff assigned to projects including drafters, EITs, project engineers, and construction observers.
- Interact with government agencies for necessary permits, crossing agreements, easements, encroachments and other necessary requirements.
- Participate in public meetings or open houses to discuss project details and inform the public.
- Attend council and commissioner meetings for clients.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or closely related field).
- Preferred: Advanced degrees specializing in water and wastewater engineering.
- Skills and Experience
- Minimum: 3-7 years of professional engineering experience. Active Idaho P.E. licensure. Excellent communication, both verbal and written.
- Preferred: Municipal utility management, system operation, and project financing.
To apply, submit a Cover Letter and Resume in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line: "PROJECT ENGINEER_2018." We will not accept phone calls or walk-ins.
Mountain Waterworks, Inc. is a civil engineering consulting firm with locations in Boise, Coeur d'Alene, Lewiston, and McCall, Idaho. We specialize in the planning, design, and construction of water and wastewater utility facilities, water resources projects, and utility management.