Sunrise Water Authority seeks a full-time, experienced Water Distribution Operator to lead a field crew of 8 to 10 in daily work assignments. This is an advanced leadership position and candidates should have a demonstrated record of performance within the public water sector. The Operations Supervisor reports directly to the Operations Manager and will lead and oversee the work of others.
About Sunrise Water Authority:
Sunrise Water Authority (SWA) is a progressive public utility, serving about 50,000 people in and around Happy Valley, Oregon. Our goal is to provide quality product and customer service through sustainable business practices. We are growing and literally on the move. Accordingly, we are in need of finding an experienced, highly motivated individual to help lead our field crew.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience as a certified water distribution operator;
- Oregon Water Distribution Level III or IV certification;
- Experience overseeing the work of field operations staff;
- Prior construction experience is preferred
- Superior knowledge in the operation and maintenance of distribution system equipment;
- Organize, schedule and lead field work crews in both regular and emergency settings;
- Participate in staff development and performance reviews;
- Manage inventory and equipment purchases (invoices);
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve operational disruptions;
- Manage, plan and implement maintenance and repair programs;
- Oversee construction activities, operation of heavy machinery and job site safety planning;
- Model superior internal and external customer service
- Oregon Water Distribution Level III certification (or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire);
- A valid Oregon Driver’s license and clean driving record (commercial driver’s license preferred);
- Ability to work overtime in response to emergency situations and serve in a routine “on-call” capacity
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly wage: $30-$35 at Level III or $35-$40 at Level IV DOQ/DOE. SWA offers full benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage, along with participation in the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
Visit www.sunrisewater.com/OpenPositions for a complete job description, employment application and instructions on how to apply.
Open until filled with possible interviews to begin April 2, 2018