Please apply at:https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=155185&lang=en#.XUnSEytZMw0.link
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR’s water program is growing and we are looking for an Operations Specialist to join our team to support long term, established client relationships. At HDR we foster a culture of community and collaboration, actively working across teams and geographies to provide the best teams and solutions for our clients. This is also evident by the recent (2018), HDR ranking by Forbes “List of America’s Best Large Employers.”
We currently have a need for a self-motivated, detail oriented and relationship driven Operations Specialist to support immediate and long term contracts. This position can be located in any of our Washington State offices, and have the ability to travel for project related work. An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
Primary Duties include:
- Performing water and wastewater treatment operations including:
- Treatment plant start-up and commissioning
- Asset on-boarding
- Operations and maintenance training including development of training manuals, curriculum, ride-alongs/shadowing
- Asset information identification and development
- Develop and update facility Operation and Maintenance Manuals
- Operability and maintainability in support of engineering design for treatment plants, lift/pump stations, SCADA systems, etc.
- Support of risk-based assessment including trouble-shooting and condition assessment of treatment plants, lift/pump stations, SCADA systems, etc.
- Function as Project Manager and take responsibility for production on projects in addition to management responsibilities
- Be involved in marketing planning, proposals and interviews
- Be directly involved with public clients in marketing, project production and related issues
- Work collaboratively with other Business Classes for delivery of cross-discipline solutions
- Work cooperatively with National Directors and marketing staff in local and national marketing and production efforts
- Perform other duties as needed
- 10+ years of applicable experience in plant operations; water, wastewater, distribution, and collection
- WWTPO IV or WTPO IV License: Certificated in Water Treatment, Water Distribution, and/or Wastewater Treatment Operations
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Must have the ability to be a team builder and lead high performing teams, excellent project and organizational management skills along with strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel, as needed for project assignments
- Knowledge of the engineering, chemistry and microbiology of water and wastewater treatment unit process
- Hands on working knowledge in a majority of the following technical areas: Water, Wastewater, Reclaimed Water and Stormwater utility master planning, water and wastewater regulatory compliance and technical support, sustainability in the water and wastewater utility fields, water distribution and sewer collection system O&M programs
- Proficient with MS Word & Excel
- Commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture
Preferred (not required) Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Science or Engineering from an accredited University
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
- For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy
- If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.