Operations Manager

King County Water District No. 90 (WA) Published: 26/8/2017
Location
Renton, Washington
Job Type
Category
Job Post Expires On
2017-11-24

Description

OPERATIONS MANAGER

King County Water District No. 90

Renton, Washington

Salary: $95,000 - $105,000  

                                  

For a complete position profile, please visit the Prothman Company at http://www.prothman.com/ and click on "Current Searches."

 

Located in King County, Washington, bordered by the City of Renton to the west, the City of Issaquah to the east, the City of Newcastle to the north, and the Cedar River to the south, King County Water District #90 (KCWD90) is headquartered in the East Renton Highlands. The area offers spectacular views of the Olympics, the Cascades, and Mount Rainier. The District is 98% residential, single-family homes, and the surrounding area offers a unique quality of life and a strong sense of community.

 

King County Water District #90 serves over 8,000 accounts in a service area of approximately 15 square miles, and serves a population of roughly 20,000. The District’s service area is 50% in the City of Renton, and 50% in unincorporated King County. The majority of the connections within the District are single-family residential, but the District also serves commercial, irrigation and school service accounts. Under typical operating conditions, the District relies on Seattle Public Utilities for approximately 70% of its water supply. The District provides the other 30% of its water supply from a groundwater well and treatment facility that it operates and maintains. The District maintains and operates eight storage reservoirs, eight pump stations, one treatment facility, seventeen pressure reducing stations and over 124 miles of transmission and distribution mains. The District employs 13 FTEs: the General Manager, Finance Manager, Operations Manager, three Office Clerical Staff, six Field Crew, and a Foreman who supervises the Field Crew, all under the direction of a three member Board of Commissioners.

 

Reporting to the General Manager and the Board of Commissioners, the Operations Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the Field Operations, and is responsible for assisting the management team and supporting the General Manager. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring system reliability and both timely maintenance and completion of scheduled capital projects. The Operations Manager attends Board meetings with the General Manager and briefs the Board on operational issues.

 

A bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or a similar field, and 7-10 years of experience supervising a field crew in a water utility or broader utility environment is preferred. The successful candidate will have Water Distribution Manager 3, Water Treatment Plant Operator 1, and Cross-Connection Control Specialist certifications, or be able to take the exams within 6 months of hire. A history of working with a variety of software systems, including GIS, Telemetry, and Asset Management, and a current Washington State Driver's License is required. A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is encouraged.

 

KCWD90 is an equal opportunity employer. First review: September 24, 2017 (open until filled). To apply online, visit Prothman at http://www.prothman.com/ and click on "Submit Your Application" and follow the directions provided. Application materials will only be accepted electronically via the website. For questions, please call 206-368-0050.