Murraysmith is a full-service civil and environmental consulting engineering firm serving public works clients throughout the Pacific Northwest. At Murraysmith, we believe our people and our commitment to personal service are what set us apart from others. We are committed to providing a creative and healthy work environment.
Murraysmith is currently seeking a Mid-level Civil Engineer to join our Seattle, Washington office. If you are looking for a rewarding and stable career with an established firm that provides opportunities for growth and advancement, this may be the place for you.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a talented group of professionals in an open and friendly work environment, where personal and professional growth is supported and contributions to the success of the firm are rewarded. You will enjoy a wide variety of interesting assignments that make a real impact to the communities around us while:
- Working with multidisciplinary technical teams on a variety of projects
- Identifying project opportunities and actively participating in the proposal and interview processes when necessary
- Planning and designing improvements to water, wastewater, and stormwater systems
- Managing work programs, project schedules, and budgets
- Writing technical memorandums, engineering reports, and planning studies
- Coordinating with clients
- BS in Civil Engineering (BSCE) or Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- 4-15 years of relevant experience as a civil engineer
Desired Project Experience:
- Pump Stations
What makes a successful candidate?
- You have high expectations for quality work products and strive to provide the best work possible
- You are committed to providing excellent service to your team and your clients
- You believe that excellent communication and collaboration with your team is essential for project success
- Your written and verbal communications skills are outstanding and you are able to convey your message effectively and efficiently
- You have demonstrated success working on multidisciplinary engineering projects in the Puget Sound area
- You are self-motivated with the ability to work independently with multiple priorities
- You are proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), MS Project and, preferably, Deltek Vision.
Murraysmith is a growing Pacific Northwest engineering firm of highly skilled professionals with an excellent reputation gained from over 37 years of successful business. With eight offices in Washington, Oregon and Idaho, we enjoy a stable and varied backlog of small and large projects, and a friendly work environment that encourages a positive work/family life balance. We offer excellent opportunities and career advancement for our staff and invest in each team member through mentoring and professional development. Our three Puget Sound offices are conveniently located within walking distance to a great selection of restaurants, shops, parks, transit and waterfronts.
What makes us unique?
- Just the Right Size: We are large enough to employ diverse talent to solve your biggest challenges, yet small enough to genuinely care.
- We’re Invested: We are personally invested in your success—for the long term. Not just for your next project. As your projects and challenges evolve, we’ll still be by your side. As an extension of your staff, we’ll work together to help our community prosper.
- We Keep Great Company: Our people are like super glue. They tend to stick around awhile. And that’s some strong stuff, which means you get a strong team. We take care of our people so they can take care of you.
Murraysmith offers a generous benefits package with competitive salary, health/dental/vision insurance, paid time-off, 401(k) retirement plan, health club membership subsidies, flexible schedule options, and alternative commuting incentives.
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals in a creative and rewarding work environment, please visit our website www.murraysmith.us to apply. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer