General Manager Opportunity: Mt. View Edgewood Water Company is a member owned nonprofit water company in Edgewood, Washington, with approximately 3,500 connections. We are accepting applications for a General Manager to oversee the operation of our award winning, Best Water in the USA, organization with eleven employees.
The primary responsibility of all Mt. View-Edgewood Water Company employees is to ensure public health and protection of property by providing sufficient quantities of safe water for drinking and fire protection. The goal of the Water Company is to provide excellent customer service to its members and to maintain its untreated water status.
The General Manager is responsible for overall management and daily operations of the Water Company. This includes long-term planning, budget preparation, systems operations and maintenance, water quality, new installations, capital projects, customer service, work scheduling, compliance with regulations, safety and training, company policies, and communications with the Board of Directors, regulatory agencies, regional and community partners, and the general public. The General Manager reports to the Board of Directors.
Minimum starting salary $100,000
• Minimum 10 years of experience in water maintenance and operations including 4 years management and supervisory experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Civil Engineering, Public or Business Administration or a closely related field.
• Preferred management experience at upper level of a company demonstrating organizational, technological, business plan management, and people skills.
Licenses and Certificates:
• Washington State Department of Health Water Distribution Manager 2 (WDM2) Certification – or obtain within 2 years.
• Cross Connection understanding or CCS Certification
• Washington State Driver’s License – or obtain within 30 days
• Incident Management Training (ICS 100, 200, 700, 800) – or obtain within 1 year
• First Aid Card
• Full Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee and 80% for family members
• Life Insurance
• SEP (Simplified Employee Pension) annual company contribution at 7.5%
• Vacation and Sick Pay
Applicant will be subject to drug screening, credit check, and background check. This position is filled by appointment through the Board of Directors.
PLEASE REFER TO OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.MTVEWATER.COM TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION TO SUBMIT TO OUR OFFICE. APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.