Washington Water Service invites you to pursue a career with the largest investor-owned American water utility west of the Mississippi River and the third largest in the country. Formed in 1926, the San Jose-based company was named one of the Bay Area’s Top Workplaces several years in a row. Washington Water employees pride themselves on sharing a commitment to being the leader in providing its customers and communities with traditional and innovative utility services.
Washington Water offers a generous total compensation package. We have competitive salaries and match a portion of employees' contributions to their Company 401(k). In addition, we provide a Company-funded pension plan, great healthcare benefits that provide coverage to employees and dependents, and generous tuition reimbursement. In addition, employees receive 11 paid holidays and three floating holidays per year, and two weeks of sick leave and vacation.
We are committed to hiring the best candidates, developing current employees, and promoting from within. Continuous improvement and employee development opportunities allow employees to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals.
The Field Service Representative is responsible for providing support to various departments within the company including, but not limited to, Accounting, Operations, and Customer Service, by ordering, receiving, maintaining, and issuing stores material; assisting customers in person and by phone, addressing questions regarding billing, payments, conservation, and water quality, creating, dispatching, and tracking all purchases of materials, parts, or supplies, including those for fleet vehicles; writing and resolving field orders, creating specific and non-specific work orders; processing and tracking change orders; preparing and maintaining files, reports, and logs; performing various administrative duties including shipping/receiving mail or packages and submitting requests for checks or payments; responds to and resolves inquiries from customers, vendors, and contractors. This position is located in Gig Harbor, WA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Order, receive, issue, inventory, and control stores material
- Prepare necessary storeroom charges/credits and reports on storeroom operation
- Maintain material in storeroom and yards in a clean and orderly manner
- Accurately balance and complete a daily cash report
- Assist customers in person and by phone, addressing questions regarding billing, payments, conservation, and water quality and provide high quality customer service as necessary
- Enter data into the computer as required with speed and accuracy
- Perform a variety of routine clerical work, including filing, scanning, collections, processing payments, scheduling appointments, and compiling reports
- Operate standard office equipment, including word processing equipment as assigned; may perform duties on various computer applications and programs
- Perform major cashiering duties, including taking payments in person, processing credit card payments, balances individual cash drawer, and prepares bank deposits
- Initiate, update, and complete specific and nonspecific capital projects; perform accounting functions related to all aspects of project lifecycle including monitor and research expenses
- Perform administrative duties as needed, create and update forms, filing, receive radio calls from field, purchase and restock break room/lounge supplies.
- Perform work safely by adhering to Washington Water Safety programs and policies as well as reporting hazards and unsafe conditions
- Coordinate, create, and dispatch all purchase orders for materials, parts, or supplies
- Respond to and resolves inquiries from customers, vendors, and contractors
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Coordinate delivery and pickup of materials or orders, ships/receives packages or mail, and organizes/tracks existing inventory
- Write and resolve field orders
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License with an excellent driving record
- Water utility experience desired
- Ability to obtain forklift certification to operate forklift as needed
Deadline to submit resume is Friday, September 20, 2019
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES