Skagit PUD is seeking an experienced operator to join our Water Treatment Plant team. This is skilled work involving the operation and maintenance procedures at a 12 MGD direct filtration plant and related facilities. This position reports directly to the Water Treatment Plant Superintendent, and operators follow regulations and procedures for efficient and thorough water treatment as set forth by the EPA, WA State, and the District. The WTP Operator will:
- Operate the treatment facilities to process raw and finished water.
- Monitor gauges, meters, and control panels and interpret to assure proper operations & determine processing needs.
- Maintain shift logs and record meter and gauge readings; interpret test results.
- Collect water samples and perform routine laboratory tests and analysis.
- Maintain disinfection feed systems (including chlorine dioxide, chlorine gas, and ammonia), the chlorine gas scrubber and emergency electrical generator.
- Perform cleaning tasks for filter bays, flocculation basins, backwash recycle basins, sludge lagoons and reservoirs.
- Receiving/unloading supplies & equip.
- Perform tasks required in the maintenance of facilities and grounds.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Grade II or above Water Treatment Operators (WTPO) Certification.
- Must meet the WA State eligibility requirements for Cross Connection Control Specialist (CCS) certification and get certification within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Valid driver’s license & the ability to swim
- Acceptance of on-call status and willingness to work rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to read and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to do mathematical equations.
- Working knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to a water treatment plant.
- Working knowledge of: Pumps, electric motors, piping, control systems, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic principles.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other operators and departments within the District.
This position is union is represented by the Teamsters Local No. 231 and requires union membership as a condition of employment.
Hourly Wage: Union pay scale (on District website).
- A completed District employment application form
- A resume & cover letter
- Three professional references including titles, phone numbers, and e-mail
Position will remain open until filled. Application review will begin on Monday, December 11, 2017. Submissions are encouraged prior to that date to ensure consideration. Packets should be submitted to:
Kathleen White, HR Manager
1415 Freeway Drive, P.O. Box 1436
Mount Vernon, WA 98273-1436
The successful candidate must provide documentation of U.S. citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the U.S.