ENGINEER - Full-Time - $62K - $126K / DOQ
Sammamish Plateau Water is looking for a full-time engineer who is interested in joining a team of motivated professionals. Under supervision of the Engineering Manager, provides design and oversight for the District’s Capital and Developer Extension projects. Oversees the development and implementation of infrastructure improvements within the District through development and District-initiated capital projects for both water and sewer.
The Engineering position will be responsible to design and manage water and sewer improvement projects, including preparation and/or review of engineering drawings, contract documents, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure all District requirements are met.
The District is looking for the following credentials or experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience in design and construction of public works projects
- Washington State Engineer-in-Training (EIT, while a Professional Engineering License is preferred.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License in good standing
- Background in water supply and wastewater engineering and a general knowledge of hydrology and geotechnical engineering.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and related construction standards used in the construction of water, sewer, roadway, and storm drainage projects.
- Knowledge of advanced level of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of construction management.
- Ability to read, review, and interpret water, sewer, storm and grading plans.
- Ability to prepare and write concise letters and verbally explain issues, requirements, and procedures to individuals and groups.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Excellent organization, follow-through, and customer service skills
- Adherence to District Policies and procedures
Apply online at www.spwater.org. You may also submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume to HR@spwater.org or mail to Sammamish Plateau Water, Attn: HR, 1510 228th Ave SE, Sammamish, WA 98075. We will notify applicants invited to participate in the interview process by phone or email.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.