Salary: $57,928 - $74,859 annually
Closing date: 12/3/2018 11:59 PM
The Portland Water Bureau serves water to more than 950,000 retail and wholesale customers in the City of Portland and surrounding metropolitan area. The Portland Water Bureau is looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join its Water Quality Inspection team located within its Operations Division.
The primary goal of the Water Quality Inspection Group is to protect public health and the water distribution system from contamination due to backflow events. This is achieved by ensuring that approved backflow prevention assemblies are installed on all water service connections where cross-connections could occur. The Water Quality Inspector I position is the entry level of the class with opportunity for advancement once the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities have been developed.
Candidates for the position should possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to learn to read complex construction plans
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use computer-based platforms such as Word, Access, Excel, etc.
- Ability to learn to use other computer-based platforms, such as the Water Bureau billing system, GIS, and other computer applications as needed
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to obtain a State of Oregon Certification as a Cross-Connection Specialist and Backflow Assembly Tester within 12-months of hire
Prior experience working with drinking water systems is highly desirable.
The Portland Water Bureau offers meaningful work, career and development opportunities, an environment that recognizes and balances personal and work needs, and competitive pay and excellent benefits. For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor/jobs/2244263/water-quality-inspector-i-extended-closing-date.