PUD #1 is seeking a Cross Connection Control Coordinator. This position, reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, will be responsible for day-to-day support of the Cross Connection Control (CCC) program to meet EPA and State requirements.
This position will coordinate the CCC program, which will include: Customer notification of required testing, tracking backflow prevention assembly installation and testing, coordinating the operation and maintenance of the TOKAY database, performing site inspections to determine District risk, assisting customers with CCC requirements, developing guidance documents, and completing annual CCC reporting to regulatory agencies.
In addition, tasks will include working with other District departments to reduce risks from potential cross connection situations, acting as the alternate District representative at pre-application meetings, coordinating with other agencies, providing Engineering counter support as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in a related field is preferred; HS diploma/GED required.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in a potable water industry, preferably in utilities and cross connection control.
- State certification as a Cross Connection Specialist (CCS) is required.
- State Water Distribution Manager (WDM) certification is preferred.
- Valid WA State driver license required.
- Knowledge of the components of a cross-connection control program.
- Working knowledge of DOH drinking water standards.
- Ability to effectively interpret/apply codes, rules, regulations, policies & procedures.
- Ability to use or learn TOKAY cross connection control software; computer literate and able to learn new technologies.
- Understanding of asset management software and the creation of work/service orders in a program such as Cityworks.
- Mathematical skills and ability to maintain and organize accurate records.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both in writing and orally with the public, coworkers and regulatory agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and build strong working relationships with other departments and co-workers.
Beginning salary: $28.43 hourly. The District offers a complete benefits package including medical, life, PTO, and PERS retirement.
Application Procedure Please submit:
- A completed District employment application.
- Resume and cover letter summarizing the work experience relevant to this position as described.
- A list of three professional references to include name, position title and contact information (phone and email.)
Packets not containing all the requested information will not be considered.
Position will remain open until filled. Application review will begin on Monday, January 29th. Packets should be submitted to:
Kathy White, HR Manager
1415 Freeway Drive, P.O. Box 1436
Mount Vernon, WA 98273-1436
The successful candidate must provide documentation of U.S. citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the U.S.