Associate Engineer desired with a strong interest and experience in water/wastewater treatment design.
West Yost Associates (West Yost) has an immediate opening for an Associate Engineer to participate in our Water/Wastewater Treatment group. Expertise is desired in design of wastewater, recycled water, and/or water treatment plants. This role will contribute to the development of the firm’s Treatment practice and have client involvement.
• Perform design and serve as task manager for wastewater, recycled water and water treatment systems
• Performing as Engineer of Record in preparing plans, specifications, and cost estimates
• Preparing analyses, calculations, equipment evaluations, preliminary layouts, and design drawings and specifications for water, recycled and wastewater treatment projects
• Assisting in the preparation of technical memoranda, preliminary design reports, and other reports related to the design of treatment improvements
• Professional and effective communication, project administration including tracking task budgets, and staffing needs
• Provide support and technical input during construction of treatment projects
• Reviewing constructability of design projects
• Working on several projects at one time
• Assisting senior-level engineers with the preparation of proposals
The optimal candidate will be a licensed Professional Engineer with 5+ years of experience of with technical expertise in wastewater, recycled water, and water treatment planning and design. The candidate must have successfully completed wastewater/recycled water/water treatment plant designs, have active project management-level consulting experience, and have the desire and ability to provide superior client service consistent with West Yost’s core values.
Positive and clear written and verbal communication practices are essential for success in this position. Excellent staff coaching and mentoring skills are also desired.
West Yost provides excellent benefits, profit sharing, bonuses and a positive, employee-oriented, team environment. West Yost is ranked among the best places to work in the engineering profession by CE News.
Top-level candidates who have an interest in expanding the current client base, building a top-level team and working closely with firm Principals are particularly encouraged to confidentially inquire regarding current opportunities.
Please include a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position. Visit www.westyost.com for more information and other opportunities. This full-time, regular position is available in Walnut Creek, CA.