We are seeking an Area Manager in our Bellevue Office to lead our Water/Wastewater team in the Northwest Washington market. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer to lead a team of over 30 professionals with a proven track record with successful projects, business development and client management in the Puget Sound area.
In this role, you will support the leadership of our growing water practice in Washington. You will apply your technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects for municipal water systems including process, treatment facilities, pipelines, pump stations, and related infrastructure. The selected candidate must be affable, self-directed, capable of leading and supervising complex teams, eager to mentor staff, and demonstrates a passion for involvement in the water industry and an enthusiasm to help develop the practice locally, while collaborating with national practice groups. Apply now via this link!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead and manage all sizes of water projects and lead multi-disciplinary teams through planning, design and construction for municipal water clients.
- Perform a client service management role to ensure ongoing quality of service.
- Interact with clients, local and remote staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Support local efforts and teams identifying, pursuing and winning new projects with existing clients and developing opportunities with new clients. Participate in the development of proposals and contracts by working directly with clients, business developers and delivery teams.
- Provide technical leadership on projects including treatment process design, pipeline and pump station design, and overall design management.
- Accountable for assuring that projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skills sets to achieve project objectives.
- Desire to contribute quickly to the development of new business and the delivery of high-quality work products.
- Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
- Perform engineering calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior-level staff.
- Coordinate with leadership and technical staff on issues related to pursuit selection, project staffing, review of technical work, and project management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Engagement in local and national technical societies is preferred.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven technical expertise; including client engagement, technical expertise, and mentoring responsibilities. Technical experience to include one or more of the following:
- Project Management of Water, Wastewater, and / or Water Resource Projects
- Water or Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Infrastructure Conveyance Design
- Water or Wastewater Pump Station Planning and Design
- Engineering feasibility analyses and design
- Preparation of construction documents for water infrastructure
- Knowledge of project management skills related to preparation and management of scopes of service, budgets, and schedules.
- Demonstrated expertise and industry/client recognition for municipal water and wastewater projects.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication including public speaking experience and negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Experience in Washington water sector (including systems/related infrastructure and applicable laws/policies/regulations), are a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in civil, environmental, or mechanical engineering, or related field plus 10-15 years of experience.
- Valid Washington P.E. license or ability to obtain one within 1 year of employment, is required.
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world’s top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water’s potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we’re helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water’s vast potential.